When you are a part of a spiritual group/religion, often the common denominator is your faith. However, there are times you may be at church gatherings – especially if you are new to the church, and you may need to know, as a Christian, how to break the ice! We have had people on our team wear this one product, and it is an instant hit with other Christians.
Please feel free to let us know how you break the ice with other people who share the same faith/spiritual background as you do. Meanwhile, here are a few questions you can ask to get the ball rolling to ensure there is not an awkward moment around!
- What is the one worship song that always speaks to your heart?
- Who is your favorite gospel artist?
- What person in the Bible would you say you admire the most and why?
- Have you downloaded the latest Bible app to your phone or tablet? If their answer is ‘yes,’ and you have not, then ask them more questions about how it works.
- Give your testimony – while this is not a question, a lot of times people of faith and in the Christian world, love to hear a good overcoming story.
- How long have you been at this church, and what church did you go to prior? If they are new to church overall, let them know the perks of being at the church you both now attend.
- What prayer have you felt that you have been praying the longest? If this seems too intimate of a question – start by letting them know your prayer. This is sure to break the ice.
- Who is your favorite television evangelist?
- If there were one problem you would ask Jesus to fix in the world today, what would it be?
- What is a spiritual tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family?
- Do you believe in faith? What is your most significant testimony when it comes to your faith walk?
- If you got a spiritual tattoo on your body, what would it be and why? If you already have a religious tattoo – what made you get it?
- Do you have a real-life spiritual hero?
- Do you have a real-life Angel you feel follows you from day-to-day?
- Is there a memorable spiritual quote or scripture that has changed your life?
- Do you find that prayer and meditation before you get your day started helps you?
- What is the most inspirational thing you have experienced? It does not have to be related to your religious faith per se.
- How long have you been saved?
- Do you believe faith without works is dead?
- Who is your favorite prophet in the bible or in real-life?
While these questions seem more geared toward Christians, they can be applied to any spiritual gathering – just swap out the parts that do not apply to your belief.
We’re sure that ALL questions can agree with this!